Oil on canvas
9 11/16 x 12 7/8 in. (24.6 x 32.7 cm)
Signed lower right: S. Lepine
Sterling and Francine Clark Art Institute, 1955.789
- [Pierre-Firmin Martin, Paris (d. 1891)];
- Sale, Hotel Drouot, Paris, June 3, 1893, no. 38, as Bords de rivière;
- Count Armand Doria, Paris (until 1899; his sale, Galerie Georges Petit, Paris, May 4-5, 1899, no. 177, as Clair de lune);
- [Georges Petit, Paris];
- [Galerie Lorenceau, Paris, sold to Clark Mar. 16, 1938 (probably this picture)1];
- Robert Sterling Clark (1938-1955);
- Sterling and Francine Clark Art Institute, 1955.
- 1. The invoice lists it only as "1 painting by Lepine," but since the other Lepine paintings in the collection have clear provenances, the description probably corresponds to this picture.