Olivier de Penne
Oil on panel
10 5/8 x 8 3/8 in. (27 x 21.3 cm)
Signed lower right: Ol. de Penne.
Sterling and Francine Clark Art Institute, 1955.913
- Robert Sterling Clark (by 1936-1955)1;
- Sterling and Francine Clark Art Institute, 1955.
- This painting was in Clark's possession by early 1936: an invoice of April 3 reveals that the Parisian firm of Charles Chapuis & Marcel Coince conserved the painting that year. Clark probably purchased this work in Paris, perhaps from Neuville & Vivien, the dealer from whom he purchased other works by de Penne. Further research is needed to substantiate this, however.